Friday, September 10, 2010

My heart breaks.

My heart is breaking tonight.  I feel horrible and guilty knowing that I have so much, and these orphans are sleeping on nothing...drinking muddy bacteria filled water.  How can we as a church, as God's children just sit back and do nothing, and even more crazy is to just sit back in our comfortable little lives and just ignore what is going on outside of our back yard. 

Tonight I pray that God reaches down and touches each and every orphan...letting them feel His spirit and His greatness...I pray that God protects them...I pray that God reaches down and breaks the hearts of the church for His children, His orphans.  I pray that the church opens up our hearts to these orphans, and steps out of our little comfortable 'box'. 

These are children, innocent children that need us, as a church, God's people, to step up and do as we are told.  In the Bible it says that 'Pure and genuine religion in the eyes of God our father is caring for the orphans and widows in their distress and not letting the world corrupt you."  James 1:27 

He, our Father, has adopted us.  We should be doing the same for His children.  We owe him everything.  This is all his...it can be taken away in a split second.  Please pray for me tonight, pray for our family as we continue to try and raise money to bring home one of the approximately 147 million orphans in this world.  Pray that God blesses us with the ability to care for as many of His children as he will allow.  Pray that He also touches many more hearts and lets them feel what He feels towards the orphans. 

Thanks! 
Much Love and God bless!!!!!
Kristin

1 comment: